Helping Our Residents Prepare for Emergencies
Having a plan for what to do before, during and after an emergency should be a critical part of being prepared and may make all the difference when each second counts. Please use the resources below to learn more about planning for your personal and home safety.
Coastal Storm Season for New York City starts on August 1st.
The attached documents can help both prepare for and recover from an emergency:
1) Get Ready for An Emergency, 2) Before and After a Storm: What You Need to Know, and 3) Ready New York Hurricane Brochure
Here you will find information on what you, can do both before and after a storm and how to ensure that your building and tenants are prepared for an emergency, particularly a hurricane.
At the start of this year’s coastal storm season, please take the time to read these documents and ensure that your building and tenants are prepared in the event of a storm.
For more information on emergency preparedness, please visit:
For information on receiving New York City-specific emergency messages, please visit: NYC.gov/notifyNYC
For information on determining if your building(s) is in a flood zone and to obtain flood zone signage, please visit: http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/em/html/know-your-zone/knowyourzone.html
OTHER RECOMMENDED LINKS
• Click here to register to receive emergency alerts from Notify NYC, the city’s official source for emergency information.
• Click here to access Hurricanes and New York City which includes:
○ How to prepare for an approaching storm
○ Recommended items for Go Bags and Emergency Supply Kits
○ Instructions for evacuation
○ Map of hurricane evacuation zones
• Click here to learn more about preparing for coastal storms.